- Court upholds authority of St. Louis to enact red light camera ordinance.
- Port Authority cannot condemn land for economic development purpose.
- Does a drug dog get a “free air sniff?
- WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH CHALLENGE TO MISSOURI FUNERAL PICKETING LAW
- IMPORTANT 2012 CASES AFFECTING HUMAN RESOURCE POLICIES
- FREE SPEECH AND PROHIBITION OF DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION
- NURSING STUDENT ENTITLED TO ASL INTERPRETER
- Firing of employee who requested time off for organ transplant violated the public policy exception to the at-will-employment doctrine
- TRILOGY OF CASES CHANGE MISSOURI PUBLIC SECTOR LABOR LAW
- E-MAIL POLICY
- Westboro Baptist Church Loses Challenge to Ordinance Prohibiting Picketing of Funeral Service
- New Rules – Red Light Photo Camera Update
- Sex Harassment
- Challenges to Initiative Petitions Limited
- Court and Voters Reject Challenge to Springfield Indoor Clean Air Act
- Stolen Valor Act and Congressional Medal of Honor
- Springfield E-verify Ordinance – Dead On Arrival
- Search and Seizure In World Without Walls
- Creve Coeur Case Becomes Final
- Puppy Mill Legislation May Backfire On General Assembly
- City Required to return Firearm or Provide Due Process Hearing
- Restricting Adult Entertainment
- Discrimination on the Internet – Net Neutrality
- Creve Coeur Photo Red Light Ordinance Upheld
- A Bit Player – Civil Rights Movement
- Westboro Baptist Church – Beginning of the End for Picketing of Funerals?
- SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
- TAX CREDITS FOR PRIVATE SCHOOL TUITION
- CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT – AUTHORITY TO DENY
- SAVING GOONEYBIRD – A LOST QUAKER PARROT
- Fighting For Your Clients
- Prohibiting The Sale of Alcohol In Family Movie Theaters
- Springfield Clean Air Ordinance Challenged in Court
- Is the St. Louis Red Light Camera Ordinance Valid?
- Supreme Court Invalidates Law Prohibiting Violent Video Games For Minors.
- Brave New World Where You Can Acquire The Right To Pollute Another Persons Property.
- Large Scale Industrialized Hog Farms Threaten the Welfare of Missouri Citizens
- Clean Air Ordinances in Missouri
- Red Light Cameras In Missouri
- United States Supreme Court Closes Door on Damages in Westboro Baptist Church Case
- Public Employees Right to Bargain Collectively in Missouri
- The Mayor from Missouri with a photographic memory
- Are blueberries good for your brain?
- Quo Warranto for disputes between municipalities is dead – Long Live Declaratory Judgments
- Westboro Baptist Church Preaches Hell, Fire, and Damnation at Veterans Funerals.
- Radioactive Smoke and Indoor Clean Air Ordinance
- City of Sullivan can charge a higher sewer connection fee in one area of the community than another.
Top Posts & Pages
Public Policy & Law
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Today we are engaged in a vitriolic debate over the rights of public employees to bargain collectively. How will this play out in Missouri? Do Missouri public employees have the right to join a union, bargain collectively and enter into collective bargaining … Continue reading
When I was a teenager I remember stories about my neighbor across the street, an elderly gentleman who was able to remember and repeat everyone railroad car number as the train traveled by on the railroad track. Well I have a … Continue reading
An article in the January 2011 edition of Scientific American Mind, “Your Brain on Blueberries” suggests that compounds in blueberries – known as flavonoids – improve “… memory, learning and general cognitive function, including reasoning skills, decision-making, verbal comprehension and … Continue reading
There is hardly anything more contentious than a battle between two municipalities over who will govern a particular area. Usually there is a lot at stake in these disputes with a winner take all rule that controls. The procedures for … Continue reading
Phelps-Roper (Roper) is a member of the Westboro Baptist Church that believes that God is punishing America by killing American soldiers for what her Church considers the sin of homosexuality. As part of her religious duties Roper believes funerals are … Continue reading
I always wondered why anyone would smoke or even breathe smoke-filled air considering the overwhelming scientific evidence that smoking and breathing smoke-filled air is harmful to your health. Of course, part of the answer is that smoking is an addiction, and … Continue reading
City of Sullivan can charge a higher sewer connection fee in one area of the community than another.
Issue - Can a city charge some citizens more for a service than what it charges other citizens for the same service? Our political DNA has been trained to think that all citizens should be treated equally under the law so … Continue reading